Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Hoopla

Skittle tagged me for some Christmas Hoopla.
Here are the rules:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas.
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
5. If you want to -- please give Andrea, some link-love as the 'Hoopla-Creator'.

Here goes:

1. We are the only house on our street with outdoor Christmas lights, so we always make up for it in a big way!

2. I hate wrapping Christmas gifts in paper. All the paper ends up in the trash in a matter of seconds anyway, so if I can get away with a gift bag, I will.

3. We love riding around and looking at lights. I remember doing that as a kid, falling asleep in the car while we rode around on Christmas Eve. We do that with the kids now.

4. I think the present is about the thought behind it, not the price tag.

5. I say Merry Christmas to everyone I encounter, because that is what I celebrate. It does not offend me if they say Happy Holidays back, but I am going to say Merry Christmas.

6. We have a Christmas tradition of opening one gift each on Christmas Eve, and opening the rest of them Christmas morning when we are also opening our Santa gifts.

7. My car is decorated for Christmas. That's right.

8. It's a Wonderful Life depresses me. I'm sorry, I know it's a classic holiday movie.

9. Nine Ladies Dancing. Did you know that that verse represents the nine Fruit of the Spirit?

10. We always leave milk, cookies & a note for Santa. I don't know how he keeps from getting full, because he always eats most of what we leave. And he always writes a note in return. It's really cool that he takes the time to do that!

11. I get to dress up as Mrs. Claus at school. It's fun.

12. I love that my children tell me they give Christmas gifts because God gave them Jesus as a gift.

So now I tag Claire & Chick. Have fun & Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

The Chick said...

That's cute. And I hate the dreaded 'm' word too! I'll try to get to this, but currently I'm dragging my behind!

Stephanie said...

Yay! Thanks for participating! Your car is decorated? :)