Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I don't make New Years Resolutions. Mainly because I rarely keep them, but also because I feel if I want to turn over a new leaf, I want to do it when I want, not just at the beginning of the year... But mainly because I rarely keep my New Years Resolutions.

So I am going to post about 10 things that make me smile. I have seen variations on this, random things that make you happy, so I thought it would make a good New Years post.
So here goes...

What makes me smile and what will continue to make me smile in 2008:

1. DH. He's a handsome man. And a very talented man. I don't think I tell him either one of those things often enough. We'll be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary next month and I sincerely love him more today than I did 12 years ago. Awww...

2. Number One Son, Queenie and The Flying Monkey. I would be lying if I said they make me smile 24 hours a day, I but I do just marvel at how wonderful they are. On a daily basis. They amaze me. Biased or not, I have to say that I have the funniest, smartest, best all around kids you'll find!
3. Butterfly kisses. Whether they be from DH, Number One Son, Queenie or The Flying Monkey, it doesn't matter. They make me smile so much my face hurts. That and hearing my children's laughter.

4. Singing. These days most of my singing is in the shower and occasionally in the car. But it still makes me smile.

5. Taking pictures. I, of course, love to take pictures of my children, but then there other things I see that are too fun to keep to myself. I have to take a picture to share what I've seen.
6. Keeping in touch with my friends and family. I love that 13 years after graduating, I know what my college roommate is doing with her life and that we still talk.
7. Margaritas. They probably make most people happy.

8. Other smiles. I love to see other people smile. That will always turn a frown upside down!

9. Girly things. Pink and green things. Frilly things. Shhh. Don't tell.

10. My Dad. He just makes me smile. He's funny.

Are there any special things that make you smile? I hope you have a wonderful, prosperous, Happy New Year and that many, many things in your life make you smile this year.

No comments: