Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Grand Ole Oprah

Oprah Winfrey filmed an episode of her show in my hometown last week. I don't live there anymore, but Oprah Winfrey went there.

She had a hot dog at my favorite chili dog place. Nu-Way. I love me a Nu-Way chili cheese dog. I go get one every time I am in town for a visit.

She stayed in an old bed & breakfast where DH and I left from to go on our honeymoon. We also had our wedding rehearsal dinner next door to this bed and breakfast.

She filmed her "Favorite Things" episode in my hometown. Wow.
I'm not sure why she picked it, I mean it's a nice town, it's my hometown, but I just find it an odd choice!

I will probably be watching it with the kids when it comes on (it airs today - Tuesday) so I can point out landmarks for them. It'll be fun.

It made me think of something funny. Number One Son was working on a social studies report earlier in the year and was trying to find a photo of the Sydney Opera House. He kept referring to it as the "Sydney Oprah Tent." It does look like a tent.

So we'll watch Oprah tomorrow broadcasting from her Oprah House.

3 comments:

The Chick said...

You probably know this now, but she said she picked Macon because that city has had the highest viewership of her show since it went national in 1987. Isn't that wild?

Boss Lady said...

Yeah, I thought that was wild, myself! Good for Macon, I hope this will a good thing for the city!!

Mandy said...

I soooo wish I had tickets to that show! My 2nd cousin actually got tickets because, get this, Oprah stopped by her neighbors house and handed them out to the entire street!!!