Sunday, November 11, 2007

I'm Not a Sports Writer

Usually, I'm not a big sports talker. Don't get me wrong, I like sports. I go to my kids' games and I know what they're doing. In fact, I am a big baseball fan. Not only do I know which way the players are supposed to run around the bases, I have a baseball card collection from when I was a kid that I continued to "nurture" well into my college years.

And now I like University of Georgia football. I married into it you know? I didn't go to a football school, so I didn't follow college ball at all until I met DH. Then we started dating and I ended up married to a UGA grad. So here I am, a rabid Bulldog.

And here is my college football post. Sports topics will be very infrequent, but this one is worth writing about!

Georgia played Auburn yesterday in Athens. All the UGA fans were encouraged to wear all black to the game, they were calling it the Georgia Blackout. It turns out even the team, Hairy & Uga included, was wearing black jerseys. They ran into the stadium while ACDC's "Back in Black" was playing. I bet that was incredibly intimidating for the other team! Holy Cow!

And apparently they thought so too. The Bulldogs destroyed the Tigers 45 - 20! This crazy season, UGA might just make it to the end in the winner's circle!

GOOO DAWGS!!! Sic 'Em!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Woof woof woof! I bleed red & black. ;o)

Stephanie said...

Me too, but only because Mandy went to UGA & D hates the Dawgs, so I enjoy cheering for them :) Everyone should have a little in house rivalry!

Drew Porterfield said...

Great post - looks like you have a future in sports writing to me. Inspirational.

Go DAWGS!!!