Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's Christmas, Enjoy It or Else!

We went to a local Christmas attraction this weekend that is quite well known and apparently quite well attended. We thought we'd be able to drop in, take some fun Christmas photos and enjoy all the local Christmas fun.

Yikes. I really had to struggle to enjoy myself. It was so crowded! We waited in line to park, we waited in line to ride the shuttle (well, actually, we walked because of that line, and still beat the shuttle to the gate), we waited in line to turn in our tickets for armbands, we waited in line to get in. Then we even waited in line walk around.

But I was determined that I was not going to give in to the crowd and get cranky and frustrated. It was hard, I'll admit.

But the kids had fun, we did get to see Santa in the parade, we rode the Christmas train, saw lights, even heard the real Christmas nativity story.

It was nice, but I felt really bad for the visitors who were not as willing to stay smiling like DH and I had chosen to stay. Number One Son, Queenie & The Flying Monkey had a great time and we did decide to leave when they finally said, "This is boring, it's too crowded." Up until that moment, I am not sure they had even noticed the miserableness of the crowd.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Season and remember to embrace the true reason for the celebration. Queenie reminded me of it last night.

Man telling Christmas Story to crowd: "What do you think Christmas is about?
Queenie to Me: "Christmas is about Giving. Because God gave us Jesus."

No comments: