Friday, November 30, 2007

Priorities

I have always thought where a person places their priorities tells a lot about them as a person. It tells you where their true loves lie, tells you what is important to them. Like Matthew said, For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. He was actually speaking of money and things like that, but it applies a little.
We get to go celebrate my 2 nephews' birthdays this weekend. Tater & Coo weren't born on the same day, but their birthdays are pretty close together. The celebration falls in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday afternoon. We have several things to do that day, it IS December, you know! But hey! I wouldn't miss this for the world! Good grief, if I didn't have Number One Son, Queenie & The Flying Monkey, those 2 guys would be spoiled worthless!
So, we are making it a priority to go celebrate their special days with them. Why wouldn't we? I could go to a PTA room parent meeting, but if I missed it for something silly like that, I'd be a pretty sorry Aunt, wouldn't I? LOL!
I have learned in my "old" age that making my family a priority is what is important for me. Now that doesn't mean dropping plans with The Flying Monkey to go rub FIL's feet. It means making ourselves available for our family. It means eating Mexican food with FIL instead of the pot roast that I was planning on cooking for dinner. Because that's what makes FIL smile. It means paying $3.50 / gallon for gas to go after Thanksgiving shopping with Mamaw in her town so she can buy Queenie some shiny shoes. Because that's what makes Mamaw happy.
It means letting Tater & Number One Son wrestle and scream together on a regular basis. Because when they are in their 20's they'll laugh about it while watching the UGA game together!
So, I hope you all have a great weekend, go spend it with your family or your friends, whatever you have decided is important for YOU!!!

2 comments:

Jim Duggan said...

Know what ya mean. Tomorrow, we are going to Ye Olde Hometowne to spends some time with friends who are more like family than our family . . . and you probably know who they are!

Boss Lady said...

I hope you had fun - and I hope they are well too! We had a lot of fun, the cousins love seeing each other!