Monday, February 11, 2008

Girls Behaving Badly

Did you watch the Grammy Awards last night? I have to admit, I didn't. I'm so over it all. From the writer's strike to attention hams who think we give a rat's ass about what shoes they have on to crazy celebrities who can't seem to find (or even hire) a designated driver. I just don't care to watch.

I know not all celebrities are obnoxious, but obviously the ones who chase the cameras are. I'm feeling all kinds of love for Natalie Cole at the moment, though. She didn't mess around when she said that Amy Winehouse shouldn't have won all those awards. And I have to admit that I agree with her to a degree.

Don't get me wrong, I think Amy Winehouse earned those Grammys - she is very talented musician. Who also happens to have some issues. But what I agree with is what Ms. Cole said about society teaching our youth that they can be rewarded for bad behavior. Um, yeah, that's exactly what our society is teaching our youth.

And it's not Amy Winehouse's fault. Take a look around, that ship set sail a long time ago.

2 comments:

The Chick said...

I so agree. And I didn't watch either. I don't get any of it anymore. I'm old!

Jim Duggan said...

I am probably older than The Chick . .. I haven't gotten it for some time now.

And saying Amy Winehouse "happens to have some issues" is like saying that preachers tend to be a bit wordy.

Thankfully there are great parents like us who are teaching our kids otherwise. We will save the future of the world!!!! LOL. Actually, when I think of my daughter in charge . . . I hope God calls me home early! LOL.