Wednesday, April 23, 2008

But Mom!

Number One Son is 9. And he is very 9. He has already started noticing girls, but he won't admit it. I can just tell. He has a lot of friends, he just a very social kid. Even when he should be doing work in class.

But this morning he threw me for a loop. I handed him his clothes for school. (a pair of shorts and a polo style shirt)

NOS: Mom, I don't like any of these clothes.
Me: What clothes?
NOS: These clothes you bought me.
Me: These are great clothes!
NOS: Um, they're not cool.
Me: Not cool?
NOS: Yeah, you don't buy me cool clothes.
Me: Has someone at school told you your clothes aren't cool?
NOS: No, I just know they're not cool. Can you buy me some cool clothes?

Well, who knew? He also did another body snatcher thing.
He brushed his teeth without me reminding him. And. FLOSSED.

I don't know who the little girl is, but I know there's one behind all of this.

No comments: