Friday, May 2, 2008

One Monkey's Adventures

The Flying Monkey has a special little monkey friend whom he loves dearly and takes everywhere. He is wonderful stuffed monkey with a long tail that makes him extra fun to twirl around.

Cooper is also the very special name that The Flying Monkey himself chose for his very special friend. It is challenging for my 4 year old monkey with speech and language delays to form that "K" sound, among others. So Cooper is a name that this mommy loves to hear over and over. And it makes me smile when Monkey touches his neck while he says Cooper. He says he's "doing his homework."

But we do have to be sure that Cooper stays at home while The Flying Monkey is at school. He might get lost or torn up. Monkey thinks Cooper is sad or bored without him there, but I told him he is fine. Cooper went to work with me one day and I took some photos to prove to Monkey that Cooper is not sad or bored.

So here are the photos I took for T.F. Monkey of Cooper's special adventures with The Boss Lady:

"That's my boy right there. I might miss him today."
"I guess I'll listen to a little music and dance."
"It's time for a little playtime! Wee!""Can I help you do anything? I'm a big kid!""What a busy day, are we on our way home?""I'll help with a little housework too.""Finally, quiet time with my favorite boy in the world."
T.F. Monkey loved the pictures of this day & thought they were so fun. But he still thinks Cooper is sad and bored without him. He's probably right.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That is such a cute idea!

Stephanie said...

How sweet! Mrs. Mandypoo still thinks her blanky is sad without her at work. :)