Saturday, May 10, 2008

Why I Love Being a Mom

Being a Mom is a wonderful thing. It's one of the hardest and most rewarding jobs in the world. And it is a job. But I LOVE it. There are so many reasons I love being a mom. I wanted to share some of them with you.

* I love being the parent my children ask to kill the bugs.

* I love having to leave 30 minutes early to get anywhere 10 minutes late.

* I love having dirt stains on left front thigh and left butt cheek all during sports season from the monkey on my hip.

* I love being called "Mrs. [child's name]'s Mom."

* I'm proud that I don't have stretch marks.

* It makes me smile when my sister in law (Marvelous Marie) tells me she loves my "relaxed parenting style" and wishes she could do the same.

* I love slobbery kisses.

* I love giving spit baths.

* I love having to listen carefully to my four year old's word to understand. It has helped me become a better listener.

* I love being able to stomach Chicken McNuggets & pizza on a regular basis.

* I love that when I get in my minivan after my husband drives it the Hannah Montana CD is cranked up too loud.

* I love that when I go to bed at night I am so tired I can hardly move.

* I love that my son is still excited to tell me about his day.

* I love that my daughter will still hug & kiss me in public.

* I love having 3 little people look up to me like I can do no wrong and like I am their biggest hero in the world.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms, Grandmas, Mothers To Be & Moms at Heart. Have a wonderful day dedicated just to you.

2 comments:

Rachel H. said...

So sweet and all such great reasons to love being a mom. I'm looking forward to one doing being a mom, as well and being able to love these things and love my children. Your reasons definitely made my day! :)

The Chick said...

The Hannah Montana admission...that made me laugh out loud!