Friday, November 2, 2007

Spooky Manners

Halloween wrap up: Cute kids, cute costumes, fun dressing up, trick or treating & passing out candy to the cute kids in the cute costumes.
Not a lot of fun passing out to the not so cute teenagers & tweenagers who half heartedly dressed up and were rude.
There were some very polite tweens who I enjoyed passing candy to. They even had cute well thought out costumes. I especially liked the coffee & donut pair. They were cute.
Then there were the kids with the skeleton heads on their stomachs that talked to each other. Seriously.
But the punks who trounced through my grass (dead as it may be from drought) in a simple wig or a lightly painted face and just held out their bags and ran off were not my favorite. The only words I got from some of them were, "You got anything else?"
I know I sound like Old Man Withers ("You kids get off my lawn!") but I just wonder where the manners are on these kids.
Halloween doesn't give us free license to go from door to door being rude and begging. Well, at least they had on costumes. Or partial costumes.
But all in all, we had a fun night! Number One Son and Queenie had friends all over to catch up with and one of our neighbors had a fun haunted "house" in his front yard. It was the "place to be" on Halloween night in our neighborhood!

On a fun side note, we had a ghost sighting. Tell me what you think of her.

No comments: