Friday, November 9, 2007

You're Not a Kid, That's Why!

The following is a humorous (I think) exchange between myself and Queenie as I fold laundry and she watches cartoons.

Queenie: "Oooh, gross! Why are you smelling the laundry?"
Me: "I want to be sure it's fresh before I put it away."
Queenie: "Is that a grown up thing?"
Me: "Yes, I guess so."

(followed by gross out kid humor on TV)

Me: "Ooooh, gross."
Queenie: "It's not gross!"
Me: "It is a little bit."
Queenie: "Well that's because you're not a kid! You smell laundry!"

Maybe you just had to be there! But I just had to share.

2 comments:

Jim Duggan said...

My daughter is the only girl in her pre-K class of 9. Can you imagine what "habits" she comes home with these days? She doesn't think anything is gross anymore.

Stephanie said...

This is hilarious. And wow, Madi is already a serious tom boy if she were the only girl in her class I'd go nuts!