Saturday, January 12, 2008

My New Favorite Show...

...is Lifetime's new show, "How to Look Good Naked." Carson Kressley ("Queer Eye for the Straight Guy") helps woman overcome anxieties and negative ideas about their appearances and helps them feel beautiful. Without dieting, without plastic surgery, just in how they feel about themselves. It's a wonderful show!

It's not just a show for overweight women either. The women highlighted just have negative perceptions about the way they look and feel about themselves. Self confidence and self esteem go deeper than the numbers on a scale. As a mother of three who is definitely not the size 6 I was when I got married at 24, I really appreciate this program. I have my own issues with my body. Carson, can you come over this weekend?

The episode I watched tonight took a young woman self conscious about her body and her appearance, helped her pick out under garments that fit right, then helped her find what styles looked best on her. She got a new hairstyle and a makeover. They then showed her picture to people on the street and had them tell what they thought of her appearance. (They actually did this before and after) The comments were very different from her own perceptions. After the transformation, the end result was a confident young woman who felt pretty.

So, watch "How to Look Good Naked." It will make you smile.

So will this: The average American woman wears a Size 14 and weighs 152 pounds. The average supermodel is thinner than 98 percent of American women.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Aww! I want to be on the show. But really, is there anything that can make cellulite & stretch marks look good?