Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Magic of Reading

I always enjoy going over visit my friend The Chick. She posted this meme that I found so interesting and fun.

Here are the Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people & post a comment here once you post it to your blog, so I can come see.

The book that just happens to be closest to me at the moment is Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul. Because I live with 3 of them. I have not gotten to page 123 yet, but the fifth line of page 123 goes like this:

We know we are meant to embody strength, we know we are not what we were meant to be, and so we feel our brokenness as a source of shame.

It continues with:

As we spoke of his wound recently, and how needed to enter into it for healing, Dave protested. "I don't even want to go there. It all feels so true."

As a woman, I am always saying that men don't understand us. This book tells me why. Well, not these lines just pulled out of thin air, but the portions of the book I've read! And it's very enlightening to figure out how men are wired and what's going on there.

Now, actually, Chick didn't tag me, but this was fun, so I'm doing it anyway!

So I am tagging Skittle because when she was younger I never saw her read (XOXO); MandyPoo because she does not have time to read at all anymore; Claire because she's smart and I bet she reads all the time; Jamie because she is a new blogger and I want to help her with ideas; and Jim because he needs to take a break from his sermon planning.

Please feel free to play along whether I tagged you or not. This one is fun!

5 comments:

Jim Duggan said...

Mission Accomplished. Though it is FAR from spectacular. So far, in fact, that it borders on mind-numbingly dull.

The Chick said...

That was great! And for the record, I hardly ever tag anybody. I just wait and see where the ball bounces. I'm glad it bounced over here!

Stephanie said...

In all fairness...I never did read when you were younger...nor when I was younger. Hmm. I have read Wild at Heart. In fact, Damian tattooed the phrase "Deep inside every man is a battle to fight, a beauty to save, and an adventure to live." right on his arm. He did that back in Texas. Okay...enough talk. I'm going to accept my challenge!

Mandy said...

I did it - http://mrs-mandypoo.blogspot.com/2008/02/book-meme.html

But here's a warning. My book stinks. :o)

The Chick said...

I finally added you to my blog links! About time, huh?