Sunday, February 17, 2008

When I Fall in Love... Part Deux

Part Two of "When I Fall in Love."

DH and I had our first official date on July 4, 1995. We went to a family cookout then to watch fireworks downtown. It was fun. It was sort of a group date. Yeah, I know, not really a hot date, huh? But, it was nice. Really, really nice.

Things went well, we went on more dates, and well, to make a long story short, by the end of August we were engaged.

People have asked "How in the world did you know so early?"

I just knew. Honestly. I just knew he was the one. One day it was very painfully obvious.

He really just bounded into my life when I was not expecting it or wanting it even and completely took over my heart.

So on February 17, 1996, we became husband and wife. It's been the best 12 years of my life and I can't wait to get started on the next 12.

3 comments:

Jim Duggan said...

I forgot about the cookout. You're house, wasn't it?

Boss Lady said...

Yes, it was! :)

Stephanie said...

Oh, those were the days...

...you know the days were I was young, annoying, talkative, boy crazy, hyper, boy crazy, talkative, boy crazy...how could we ever forget?

Who knew I'd grow up to not like those stinkin boys so much. Sometimes I even surprise myself. :)